Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Completing Legion after Battle for Azeroth

Kanter with his Class Mount 

One of the things I like to do in World of Warcraft (WoW) is plan things to be efficient.  Now with the experience bonus going on until the Shadowlands prepatch and the reputation bonus going on until May 18th, it is influencing how I want to play.

I have slowed down interest on leveling my characters in Battle for Azeroth, but two were pretty far along.  Kantro was only half a level from level 120 (max level) so I went ahead and completed that.  Unless I get motivated, the other three over level 110 will wait until after the reputation buff is gone (or might not happen at all).

The Legion Pathfinder part 2 achievement required Legionfall reputation in the Broken Shores area that I barely visited during Legion.  With the reputation bonus it made sense to finish that and it was done in a couple of days of Quests and World Quests in the area.  It included having to complete five dungeons, but I could solo them now so that wasn't an issue.  Then I just had to visit a couple of spots for the Explorer achievement in Broken Shores and I could fly in Legion.

Once that was done, I was trying to decide what to do next and spotted that there was a class mount available during Legion (see picture above).  That required the Breaching the Tomb achievement that required just a few more quests in Broken Shores.  Then there was another quest that required a Nordic themed scenario where you used beast tracking (a skill I almost never use) to find different beasts.  With the conclusion of the scenario I had my class mount!

Where to focus next?  Because of the reputation bonus, it made sense to focus on items that need reputation.  The most obvious of those are the allied races.  Now, I'm not particularly interested in them but I would like to see the Argus area that was added well after I quit Legion and it makes a good goal.  That would unlock the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elf Allied races.

There are two other allied races available with Legion, the Highmountain Tauren and the Nightborne.  It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get the Hightmountain Tauren to Exalted but, again, I doubt I'll ever use it.  I will probably go ahead and do the Class Hall quests for the reputation since I'd like to level my newest Champion and if exalted reputation happens, it'll be a nice bonus.

The Nightborne Allied race requires a reputation that is already exalted but also requires completing the Insurrection questline that didn't exist when I was playing Legion.  I will try to get that done but I'd rather get a reputations done first (probably just Army of the Light for the Lightforged Draenei).

There are also additional reputation grinds for Chromie and Conjurer Margos.  Conjurer Margos and the Legendary Fishing Rod both require grinds for fishing and, even though I enjoy it, I don't particularly see a reason to fish just for a rod I don't need or a reputation I won't use.  I've always liked Chromie as a character and I could work on her reputation after Argus as a way to gain faction quicker.

I also enjoyed what I saw of the Illidan questline and would like to see it to the end.  I am at the step that requires a visit to the Nighthold raid.  I'll do that after the Insurrection questline because it also ends with a quest for that raid.  It'll continue with the Tomb of Sargeras raid.  It'll be interesting to see if I can solo them.  I might invite some guild mates in case they are interested.  I completed the earlier Trial of Valor raid which I might describe another time.

Finally, once the reputation bonus is done, I would like to see the Demon Hunter quest chain.  It would be a reasonable use of the experience bonus and as a Explorer, it would be areas and quests that I've never seen.

I'm pretty amazed at how much there is to do in Legion that I never saw.  Certainly plenty to keep me busy for a while.  Oddly, it has discouraged me from ordering Shadowlands, the new expansion, since one of the reasons I saw so little of Legion was that I started it at the beginning and then quit.

Blaugust post #13

No comments:

Post a Comment