Monday, April 27, 2020

Back to Legion after Battle for Azeroth

Opening one of the "Leylines" in Suramar
I said I might want to go back and get flying in World of Warcraft (WoW) Legion, and I've now done that, but it opened up so much more that I now want to see.  Legion has gone from one of my worst experiences during the expansion to a great after expansion experience.

I said that typically I've been buying expansions well after release but when I look back, it seems that wasn't true for Legion.  I honestly don't remember anything in this paragraph but through this blog (yeah!), Blizzard transaction history and Amazon order history I could put it together.  During 2015 and 2016 I had enough gold to buy tokens and so that was how I played WoW.  Amazon at the time was offering $10 off prepurchased games, so that was how I bought Legion at release.  The funny thing is that if I waited, I am sure I would have enjoyed my time much more.

So I spent a crazy amount of time in Suramar and, looking back at my posts (hurray again!), I enjoyed the quests more than I remembered.  I mainly remember the irritating 'Masquerade' mechanic that turned everyone into an elf and made you watch for people with circles over their heads (the way they indicated people who could see that you were stealthed).  In order to complete the quest chain you had to be exalted with Suramar so I spent a lot of time getting that done.  Making it even longer, the only place you could teleport to was on the edge of the city and you had to get to where you need to be, avoiding being 'revealed' and down to another level before you could even start the quests.  It's so much easy now with being over-powered, with flying, and even with a convenient portal right in the center of the city (more on that in another post).

So at that point, after being unhappy that dungeons were required I get to pretty much the end of the quest chain and it requires a raid.  At that point I quit.  I'm sure the raid would have been quick, but it was not something I wanted to do so I did other things (for three years!).

Now, when went back, I had a difficult time finding Shal'aran even though I spend so much time there (though that was 3.5 years ago and, as seat of insurrection, it is supposed to be hidden).  I saw the quest indicator so I traveled all around thinking it was outside and then finally went to the hub and it was right there.  I was a little concerned because it was a raid and travelled in and there was a red 'Shade of Xavios' right near the door.  I killed it in a few seconds and thought there must be more but went in and the item to get me past this 3.5 year roadblock was just a few steps away!  I think the whole thing took about a minute.

After that I had to get the 'Leylines' (picture above), a little tougher because I couldn't fly but it was pretty quick, and soon enough (just a few hours) I finished the Pathfinding Part 1 achievement that had taken me so long.

That seems to be a good stopping point, so I'll continue this in my next post.

Blapril post #12

No comments:

Post a Comment