Sunday, April 5, 2020

Dark Iron Dwarves

Dark Iron Dwarf Warlock

One of the items added to World of Warcraft (WoW) with Legion and expanded upon with Battle for Azeroth (BfA) is allied races.  I was never very interested in it when I heard about them with Legion and once I stopped playing I didn't think about them very much.  However, one of the quests you get at level 100 is to visit the Stormwind Embassy and there you get an introduction to the different races.

I have never liked elves and always had a preference to dwarves even before I started playing World of Warcraft. When I completed the quest I realized the one race where I had completed the prerequisite was the Dark Iron Dwarves and I became interested in how it worked.

I took Kanter to the embassy and he was able to get the intro quest for the Dark Iron Dwarves which initially took him to Blackrock Depths, a dungeon where you have to spend a significant amount of time in Vanilla to get the Onyxia key.  I thought the quest was quite enjoyable and about the right length.  I was guess it took me about an hour (I wasn't rushing it at all) but because it was fun, it's difficult to say if it was shorter or longer.  The quests take you to a few different Dwarven areas in keeping with the theme.  At the end you get an achievement, a transmog outfit, a mount, and the ability to create a Dark Iron Dwarf.

For a feature I wasn't interested in, I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed it.  I've now created the character you see above.  The starting area is in Blackrock Depths and, even though much of it is closed off, it is fun to see several areas like the Grim Guzzler zone where everyone is friendly.  I'm not particularly interested in any of the other races other than the Vulpera, which are a Horde fox-like race and I doubt I'll ever invest the time on the Horde side to create one.  However, I'm very glad I spent the time visiting the feature and would recommend it to anyone who has the option.  It might even get me to level my first Warlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment