Monday, April 20, 2020

More Battle for Azeroth Leveling

Kantro ready to finish his leveling at the Zuldazar camp
Recently, Blizzard announced that they will be extending the 100% bonus experience buff for World of Warcraft (WoW) until the Shadowlands expansion pre-patch.  They also announced on the same day that there will be a 100% bonus reputation buff for Battle for Azeroth (BfA) and Legion from April 21st until May 18th.  This matches nicely with my desire to finish the Legion flying achievement later in the month but puts less urgency (something I was already feeling) to level my characters.

That said I have made some progress in BfA.  I started with Kantro, my warrior, because he is a miner and can gather for two of the other characters (Kantra for jewelcrafting and Kantrina for Engineering).  I remembered starting in Drustvar with Kanter and decided to start there with him as well.  In two days I pretty much used up his rested experience bonus at level 116 and I decided to switch.  At that point I both switched to Kantra, my priest, and lost most of my momentum.  I spent another day later getting him to level 118 (when his rested experience ran out again) and then another completing the Drustvar quest line.  This got me almost to level 119.  

I had two other quests, one for the Tortollan Seekers and another for mining (Ritualistic Preparations) which gave me multiple nice short goals that could be completed together, one of my favorite things.  I was able to use flying to pick up some flight points in Stormsong Valley (where the Tortollan Seekers quest was located), mine anything I saw and turn in the Tortollan Seekers quest.  I flew him back to Boralus and complete the mining quest which advanced him to 119 along the way.  Generally if felt like a nice, pretty easy road and I'll take some time soon to do enough War campaign quests in Zuldazar to get him to 120 and open up the World Quests that I probably won't do unless it helps with crafting.

Kantra, in contrast, seemed much more of a struggle.  I think part of it was because she is a priest and even as a Shadow priest, she is much more likely to die.  While with Kanter, my hunter, and Kantro it was unusual for me to get overwhelmed, it seemed to happen much more often with Kantra.  Also, leveling in Tiragarde Sound only got her to a little over half way through 117, so it was a slower process.  I'd say some is fewer quests, but there are also multiple unrelated lines that require more travel and are more disjointed.

With my other characters, I leveled Kantrina to level 111 just so she could get the Mage portal and teleport spells.  She doesn't need them but I like them for completion and I'm likely to forget until I want them at some point.  Kantree, my Druid, is also at 111 and I'll probably level him last.  It'll be interesting to see how they go.  Leveling a Mage tends to be more like leveling a priest (though not as difficult) while leveling a druid is easier.  Kanter is just leveling Cooking and Alchemy when it's convenient, and completing easy Emissary quests for reputation.

I've definitely slowed but other than a little bit of frustration+ on Kantra, it has been fun and it seems worth another month of subscription.  I could try to earn gold so buy a token but I'd rather spend the subscription and not have to bother.

Speaking of slowing down, I've slowed down on posting as well.  I'll probably target two a week for the last three weeks which will gain me a silver award.  I'll be happy if I can keep making two posts a week, since that's a good long term goal for me (as long as I'm still playing).  Blapril is at it's half way point.  Thanks to everyone who is participating and motivating each other.

Blapril post #11

No comments:

Post a Comment