Monday, February 6, 2023

Dragonflight Paused (for now)

 

Max level (again)
Nothing major to post but I wanted to note where I left Dragonlands and what else I'm playing.

It took me about 2 weeks to reach max level in Dragonlands and another week playing less to finish the initial questline.  Generally, I like it and I even enjoyed some of the activities like finding lost ducks but, once I didn't have a goal I stopped logging in.  Eventually I realized my subscription was going to expire soon, I check, it had expired the day before and I decided it was I sign I didn't need to be playing now.

I wasn't subscribed since I had a free month and I wasn't sure whether to subscribe or, if I did, whether to subscribe for more than one month.  This decided it for me.  I have a vacation scheduled for the  middle of February so I'll probably resubscribe after that for a month and see how much I play.  I'm interested in leveling some alts and, possibly, my Dracthyr.  There is also a roadmap (good for them) and there should be some new content coming out but I'm not very interested in the Trading Post that just came out and I'm not sure if anything else will be available in March.

I did go back and play some more of Horizon Forbidden West.  I hadn't played in months and I was just at a critical plot point when I left.  With some looking up controls, looking up hints, and replaying parts, I was able to finish this section and move on to the next section of the plot but it was frustrating.  Hopefully I can play more regularly so I don't need to relearn it again.  I'll need to decide if I want to do some of the side quests I skipped to increase my level and, hopefully, allow more people to participate later in the game (at least that is how it worked in Horizon Zero Dawn).

I am also still playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons most days.  There were pretty clear next steps up until about a week ago but now there is a more vague 'improve your island' in order to have a concert there.  I'm not even sure I want the concert so I'm not as motivated as I was.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete