Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Advancing Horde and Alliance Battle for Azeroth Stories

Gallywix Summarizes Battle for Azeroth

This last week I went from having an alliance character well ahead of the Horde to having them much close to the same point.  Kanter is above iLvl 410, Kantoor is above iLvl 400 and Kantoor just finished leveling his Heart of Azeroth.  Kantoor doesn't have his legendary cape yet, but he's close.

I've decided to focus finishing the War Campaign on Kanter.  At the same time I'll continue to do missions in Legion on Kanter to try to get some more exalted statuses.  I reached exalted with Argussian Reach last week and that provides access to the Void Elf allied race (which I didn't even realize until I just looked it up).  The Highmountain Taurens, which opens up another allied race, are around 17000 out of the needed 21000 so it should be doable over the next three weeks or so.  I'm now around 17000 reputation of the Voldunai on Kantoor that provides access to the Vulpera race as well.

I said I wasn't particularly interested in the Allied races besides the Dark Iron Dwarves and Vulpera but now that I'm so close with so many of them, I'll probably go ahead and get most of them done.  There are ten allied races.  One is complete (Dark Iron Dwarf).  Three are complete except for the introductory quest lines (Lightforged Draenei, Void Elf and Nightborne).  Two are close on reputation (Vulpera and Highmountain Tauren).  On the Alliance side, the Kul Tiran was stuck behind the 'A Nation United' achievement, but now that I have soloed one of the dungeons (see below), and I want to get it for the Two Sides to Every Tale achievement.

Similarly, on the Horde side, Zandalari Trolls are the furthest away, but once I have completed what I need to for Two Sides to Every Tale, it'll pretty much be done.  Mag'har Orc only needs Honorbound reputation.  I just reached revered with them but it comes pretty fast through the War campaign and Honorbound emissary quests.  Mechagnome (Alliance side) is similarly at revered but it is the one I'm least likely to get because they don't have missions and I don't particularly want to fly out there for the world quests.  Except for Mechagnome, pretty much all 10 can be done without a lot of additional work outside of the pursuit of Two Sides to Every Tale.  Once that is done, I'll probably get my cape for Kantoor but I'm not sure if I'll do much beyond that on the N'goth quest and reputation lines for either Kanter or Kantoor.  I'm more likely to try to level one of the allied race characters or I might even go back to WoW classic.

Somewhat interestingly (at least for me), both characters went to Tol Bador this week.  Kanter went to get the key to find out where Jana was in prison.  This is way out of order in my timeline because I didn't want to do the dungeon and I had higher priorities but was the next step towards the 'A Nation Divided' achievement required alliance side for Two Sides to Every Tale.  Kantoor was sent there on the Horde mission to free Lady Ashvale as part of the War Campaign leading to Horde side 'Tides of Vengeance' achievement.  Certainly based on my Alliance experience, I don't want anything to do with Lady Ashvale and it is all leading towards dissatisfaction with Sylvannas as leader of the Horde.  Of course it the odd MMO timeline, she has already been removed as chief, removed the Liche King and set free Shadowlands at the same time.

So, now I've gone from being uncertain what I want to do to being pretty motivated to finish up the Horde and Alliance quests.  I agree with others that Battle for Azeroth wasn't the best expansion, but it did provide more motivation to see the other side of the story.  It may be interesting with one of the allied race characters to see Horde side for Mists of Pandaria and/or Warlords of Draenor.  These don't have separate Horde and Alliance zones like Battle for Azeroth does, but they seem the two most likely to tell a different tale from the Horde side.

I wanted to leave this post with a comment about the quote in the picture above from Trade Prince Gallywix.  It is sort of our state in MMOs.  Huge wars and a lot of death is triggered from a small source but we just want to feel powerful with our toys.  At least this is in a fantasy world not real life (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment