Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Week in an MMO Life: Revisiting the Cataclysm

Visiting Thrall at the Maelstrom
I don't have a lot to say this week, so I'll just give you a brief description of what I am up to.  I'm still enjoying leveling my Warrior and have now arrived and nearly leveled out of the Cataclysm expansion.  I had not seen much of Vashj'ir so I decided to focus on that this time through.  I enjoyed the storyline, but all the plot lines seemed to have depressing endings.  Maybe it was just me.  I performed the first parts of the Deepholm, Uldum, and Twilight Highland questlines and just plan to keep going until I get to 85 and move on to Pandaria.  I also gathered enough Embersilk that I was finally able to level my First Aid on Kanter.

I guess I will level him all the way to 90 (or at least 600 mining skill) so I can start making Living Steel without getting help from others.  Then I will probably go back to Kanter and return to leveling Archeology which I deserted some place in the 200s.  As mentioned previously, Vial of the Sands is my long term goal now.  I will need to start selling things rather than just emailing back and forth between my characters, but with max level herbalist, alchemist, miner, blacksmith, tailor and jewelcrafter, I don't think it should be a problem.  I also have my mage, Kantrina, that I left at level 75 and though I have leveled her enchanting (for disenchanting), I would like to level Engineering as well.  I found the Jeeves recipe and I'd like to make it along with some of the other toys.

One fun side task happened when I was visiting Uldum for the first time via Tanaris.  I got a whisper from someone who had been portalled there and was trying to get to Rachet.  I recommended going to Theramore, then Menethil then Booty Bay and finally take the boat to Rachet, but he didn't know how to get to Theramore.  I led him through the flooded Thousand Needles, but, because he couldn't fly, that took a little while.  It was my first chance to see how drastically it had changed.  We then travelled through Dustwallow Marsh and I left him on the boat to Menethil.  He was genuinely grateful and I was glad to be able to help someone out.  One advantage of casual gaming is that if plans change, it is never a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment