Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Week in an MMO Life: Turning a corner

Kanter modelling his new crane to Iorek and his vendor.

I started playing World of Warcraft late during the beta and I have had three pretty long gaps during gameplay.  One thing that I never did was get close to finishing the quests in the original game or any of the expansions.  That just changed with my new 'Loremaster of Pandaria' achievement.  It seems to me it is much easier to achieve than it had been previously.  Maybe I'll check the number of quests some time.

What I've mentioned before and what is still true is that there is a lot to do.  Besides finishing Townlong Steppes on my priest (Kantra), I also made it to Honored with the Kirin Tor on my hunter (Kanter).  I was able to get there with a Saurok quest (a quest hub I had not seen before) which allowed me to get the disguise and also left me with only one piece of the Chamberlain yet to pick up.  I'm not sure how I feel about the focus on daily quests, maybe that'll be another post later.

Kanter also reached Exalted with the Golden Lotus and bought his three crane mounts as a reward (see picture above).  I am looking forward to being able to finish the Eternally in the Vale quest line before it disappears (once 5.4 happens).  He also started the Cloud Serpent quests, but most of my focus will be on my priest.

Kantra just hit 600 all of the last part reached with the daily Imperial Silk recipe.  I have also reached 575 in Jewelcrafting with the daily recipes so I could learn all the Diamond recipes I had found.  She'll be working on getting to exalted with the August Celestials since she'll need it for the Royal Satchel recipe.

At this point I'll focus on getting to Revered with the Shado Pan with Kantra and try to get her gear up to where she can start doing looking for raid.  I tried the Shado Pan dailies for the first time, but it is significantly more difficult that it is with Kanter.  However, I didn't try playing with the toys you get, so maybe with different companions it'll be easier.

I'm not sure how much I want to do them or heroic dungeons or scenarios, but I would like to have the option.  I was talking to a guildmate who is primarily doing heroics, scenarios, and raids, and he is in the opposite position that I am.   I have the reputation but not the valor or dungeon drops.

I am now considering doing the regular dungeons so I can learn healing again in a relatively stress free environment.  I could lower the stress by just queueing as DPS but I'd like to eventually be able to raid as a healer, a goal I've had ever since Vanilla, but never have done.

Again there is a lot to do, though I've only been playing the solo part of the game recently.  I have started a post about free-to-play gaming, but that will have to wait until I think it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment