Sunday, April 21, 2024

April Gaming Check In

 

The Last of Us Part 1

I see I never posted in March but I haven't done a lot of gaming the last two months.  I had played about half of the Last of Us remastered for PS4 a few years ago and decided I'd like to play both parts since one of my daughter's really enjoyed it.  I figured if I was going to start over, I might as well play the PS5 version that was on sale.  I am now past where I was in my first playthrough.  It is welldone and you could probably see the difference in the image above in the earlier versions of the game but, fundamentally, it is the same game and it is probably difficult to justify paying again.  I'm sure the TV show was justification for both and the PS5 remake for Part 2.

I keep thinking I'm done with Animal Crossing but I still play it almost every day.  I need a recipe to be able to make a robot which requires 30 parts I've managed to collect from saving the shipwrecked captain among many other part.  The only way I see to get one of the recipes is from a rare island so I've been visit Katrina in hopes of getting good luck in belongings so I get a rare island in hopes that I get the star island that can have the recipe.  I don't have the recipe but I do have more rare ingredients for other recipes.  Reminds me a little of rare MMO drops.

I also purchased the Katamari Damacy remake for the PS4 thinking it might be something my non-verbal autistic daughter might like.  I haven't showed it to her yet but I did play it some myself.  I'm a little worried the use of both sticks might not be that easy for her but we'll see.  I had played it some back when I had my PS2 but never played it much.

Finally, I purchased a relatively new game, Unicorn Overlord, when it went on sale.  Tipa had recommended it and I did really enjoy Fire Emblem Awakening on the DS even if I didn't get into the other Fire Emblem games as much.  So far, I've been able to stick with it.  I debated whether to get it on the PS5 or Switch but opted for the Switch for the portability and as a possible replacement for Animal Crossing if I ever actually stop playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment