Saturday, May 25, 2024

May Gaming Check In - Unicorn Overlord

 

Alain Crowned King in Unicorn Overlord

Hello!  I actually finished a game in May, Unicorn Overlord so most of this post will be about that.

I had seemed some good reviews of Unicorn Overlord over the last few months including a nice post from Tipa.  Then it went on sale just enough that I decided to buy a physical Switch copy.  I debated whether to buy it on PS5 but the graphics were fine for the Switch and I thought it might nice to use it portably.  It seems like it was a good decision since I was able to play pretty consistently and finish an almost complete experience in around a month.

I just wrote this whole post and it wouldn't save so now it'll be an abbreviated version.

Unicorn Overlord is a tactical RPG.  There are 70 characters you can recruit, six of which I missed (Nina, Hilda, Aramis, Gloucester, Gammel and Mandrin, for my records).  It is most like Fire Emblem of the games I have played.  The only Fire Emblem game I completed was Awakening and I would rate it slightly higher right now.

I played on story mode saw the 'True' ending out of three and tried two choices of the maiden, Scarlet, the pretty obvious expected choice, and Primm, a character I enjoyed.

I still need to finish the Last of Us.  I also have recently start Advance Wars, a Gameboy game I always wondered how it would play since I was into turn based strategy for quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment