Sunday, February 25, 2024

February Gaming Check In

 

Blanc was a cute, fun game

Not a lot to report for February but I would like to keep this up.

I received Blanc for my birthday and played it cooperatively with my daughter who gave it to me.  It is a very cute, sweet game about a fawn and a wolf cub who have to work together to join back with their packs.  It was nice how they each helped each other and most of the puzzles were interesting but not too difficult (though I did look up a couple of hints).  Pretty short, but also not very expensive so worth it if you like artistic games like this and like to play cooperatively with someone.  It is nice to have finished a game.

I am still not playing World of Warcraft and still playing Animal Crossing.  It's possible the pre-patch for War Within might bring me back for a month or I might just go back to buying the expansion once it goes on sale.  I do like that they have a patch for which they aren't revealing much (10.2.6), but it isn't enough to bring me back.  I'll probably follow along to see what it is.

My current goal for Animal crossing is to build the Robot.  I had collected the 30 rusted parts from the pirate that washes up on your land but didn't realize I would need star parts that drop from a rare island you visit by taking the boat with Kapp'n.  I learned that you can guaranteed to get a rare island by checking on your luck with Katrina if you have luck with belongings.  So far I haven't been getting luck with belongings very often but I do find the gameplay loop relaxing so it's enough to keep me coming back daily and building up my bells and tickets.

I tried Millenium when it was free to play and, although it's not as obscure as most Paragon games, I decided after playing the demo, I'd rather just play Civilization.

On the Playstation, I've decided I don't like the Undertale minigame that determines your success and so I'm dropping it.  I got it for free with Playstation Plus extra and at least I have an idea how the game works.  I'm thinking about going back to the Last of Us since I got around half way through it.  I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the upgrade since it's been about a year and it might be better to start over anyway.  I'm not paying $60 for a game I already have but maybe I'll pick it up when it goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment