Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Week in an MMO Life: Four at 90

Kantrina on her new chopper!
Over the last two weeks I have leveled my fourth character to 90, my mage, Kantrina.  I probably wouldn't have done it, or at least not so soon, except that I needed to level my Alliance Vanguard reputation for the chopper pictured above and the easiest way to do that was with Heroic WotLK dungeons at level 90.  Once I hit level 90 I had two priorities:

  • Build my farm so I could farm Spirit of Harmony for Engineering recipes 
  • Farm WotLK heroic dungeons for reputation

Both were done in four days.  For the reputation, I just visited the two heroic dungeons in Utgarde Keep right next to where I could buy the Chopper recipe.  At the same time I took my miner out to try to find some Titanium in Icecrown to supplement a few I found cheaply on the auction house.  Finally, all I needed was the three purchased items. However I read that it is possible to harvest them with Engineering off some of the Ulduar bosses and we happened to have a guild trip scheduled there for last Saturday.  I was able to take my Engineer to Ulduar and farm the bosses, but none of the Chopper ingredients dropped.  It was a fun trip anyway and right afterwards I went ahead and spent the several 1000 gold so I could finally build my chopper!

Another temptation over the last two weeks was the "Gaze of the Black Prince" buff which gave you extra reputation and drops for the Legendary cloak quest line.  I farmed the reputation while doing daily Klaxxi quests on my priest and managed to get to honored for the first quest series.  One of the runs netted me 25 Valor and more than 1300 Black Prince reputation, but most days most if not all of the quests weren't for Klaxxi and so wouldn't have earned me reputation.  I considered several times running LFR on her, but never actually did it.  I might still happen, who knows.

Once I had my chopper, I wanted to get started on my other engineering goals, but I needed Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard's Journal which is a random drop when your Engineering is at 600. I went to Timeless Isle so I could get some drops at the same time and after much dying, it finally dropped.  Right now, I'm focused on my daily Jard's Peculiar Energy Source and Living Steel so I can build some of the recipes:

Engineering goals:
Mekgineer's Chopper  Done, hooray!
Sky Golem - 30 of each
Pierre  - 15 of each
Rascal-Bot  - 15 of each
Advanced Refrigeration Unit  - 5 of each (only after the three above recipes)
Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Ghost Iron Dragonling
Geosynchronous World Spinner
Personal World Destroyer

I may not make all of them, but the first four only take time, so I'm pretty sure I'll make them.  I guess these daily profession tasks are a good way to keep people like me subscribed.

I need to figure out what I want to do next.  I guess I will start leveling my Druid, Kantree, in Kalimdor to get him to 60.  I haven't done most of those quests since Cataclysm went live and I'm interested to see how it goes, but I don't have a lot of motivation.  I also in theory would like to try out a druid and he'll probably be my instant 90 (with max skinning and leatherworking at level 60). We'll see if I get distracted with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment