|Feedly has replaced Google reader, but the backlog is still there|
I have used Feedly ever since Google Reader stopped working. I still use the same generally method of categorizing my feeds:
- Autism related feeds (not many of these currently)
- General Gaming feeds - not too many of these so I can usually keep up with them
- MMO feeds - this is the majority of my feeds and I probably get around 30 posts a day on week days.
- World of Warcraft specific feeds - I don't have many of these
- Other feeds - I keep most of the large feeds that I can't keep up with here, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Wow Insider, and Massively.
I like keeping MMORPG in my MMO feed because they always have short header posts and I feel like I can keep up with the news this way and just mark the longer posts I want to read for follow up (though I hardly ever get to them, I feel better marking them).
I also like following many of the blog authors (and others) on Twitter, but I have an even harder time keeping up with it. I've recently decided that if I try to go back more than 3 hours, I never catch up, so I've given up on those posts though I do wonder about what I've missed. Here also there are often links I may want to follow up on and I save those to Pocket (and, again, I seldom get back to them). I do follow Wow Insider, Rock Paper Shotgun, and Massively here and since I never keep up with their posts there is a chance I'll see a post here that I want to read and then I can save it to Pocket (where, I probably won't read them, but, again, it makes me feel better).
Do others have the same issue keeping up with posts? I truly enjoy reading them and they often inspire me to write something, but I don't seem to have enough time to play, write posts, and read the posts I enjoy.