|Kanter with his upgraded gun and swirly belt|
Since my last post, I accomplished two of my likely goals in World of Warcraft: getting the Gun and Gloves for Kanter and getting Archaeology to 700. Next on my list is what I am calling my 'Gluttony Achievement.' I have a lot of food being passed around between different characters since it isn't worth much but I hate to sell it. This will be a great way for me to get a little use out of it getting the food achievements and then I should feel better selling it.
I thought I'd talk a little about my daily ritual. I am not playing much (part of the reason I want to quit), but I only think I've missed one or two days of these tasks in the last couple of months because they are pretty painless. At one point I was trying to harvest the mine five characters and it just took took much time.
On the two level 100 characters (Kanter and Kantra) I do the following:
- Complete missions
- Visit the Salvage Yard. The BoE items go to my Mage, Kantrina.
- Upgrade followers from the items
- Run the missions with the priority on the weekly raid item, then leveling followers, then gold or items to upgrade my followers
- Harvest herbs (both are level 3)
- Harvest ore (one level 3, one level 2 since I didn't want to spend the extra time harvesting the level 3 mine since I didn't need the ore)
- Gather the built up crafting resources, do the daily crafting and replenishing the crafting resources (Alchemy on Kanter and Enchanting and Tailoring on Kantra)
- Since Kanter only has one craft, I have a bank and deposit everything extra there. Kantra has to go to Stormshield every week or so to put things in the bank.
In addition on Kanter I:
- Visit the Dwarven Bunker. My followers are pretty well equipped (670 iLvl+) at this point from the bunker, the salvage yard and missions.
- Visit the Trading Post. There is a different item that you turn in that builds garrison resources over time
- Get my daily 'Savage Blood' transmute. It requires the Alchemy resource and a potion made out of the standard fish, both of which I'm swimming in.
On Kantra I:
- Gather the components from the Barn (if available).
- Visit the Inn weekly to get a new follower.
Every other day I do the following on my other three characters that have Garrisons:
- Complete the missions
- Start new missions
- Gather the built up crafting resources, do the daily crafting and replenishing the crafting resources
This is pretty quick and so I can usually do everything in 45 minutes or less every day. I also try to go through my BoE items that have accumulated on Kantrina weekly and auction, sell or disenchant them. I don't sell a lot of them these days, but it can get a lot more gold than disenchanting them if I'm lucky enough to find a buyer.
There is so much more I could be doing even in addition to my wish list from last week, but I don't have the motivation. I see that 6.2 is in the works. I think I may stick around to see what's there before I take my next break. I am looking forward to other games, maybe I'll say more about that next time.