And thank you for your patience. I've been away on a business trip so I've been even less available to play or post than usual, but I should have time to start this weekend.
I've decided I'll play one game a week for the first four weeks to decide see how they do for a single session, give my reactions and then see what I feel compelled to come back to.
The four games I'll play will be:
- Lord of the Rings Online: The good news about this game is I'm already a fan of the books and I know the plot, so I'm hoping leaving a coming back after a week will be a little less disorienting.
- Fallen Earth: Two recommendations and the free to play model is supposed to be relatively generous.
- Everquest 2: I've been curious about this for quite a while and will be interesting to see how it plays.
- Rusty Hearts: This is purely from Killington's recommendation that it has short missions that might work well for someone with limited play time.
Games I decided not to try (yet):
- Everquest: Although I'm quite curious, at this point it quite old and with limited time, I'd rather play something newer.
- Guild Wars: I looked and I can buy it for $20 from Steam or $30 for the Guild Wars Trilogy. The Trilogy is a very good deal if I decide to stick with it, but while I'm experimenting, I'd rather not pay until I know I'm going to like it and it's wasted money if I never play the game. I'm also hopeful that it'll go on one of the Steam sales or might be reduced when Guild Wars 2 comes out.
- Guild Wars 2: Sounds like a great game from all I've read, but the price will go down and I can justify $60 even less than $30 with my limited time.
- Dungeon and Dragons Online: I've just never felt any compulsion to play this game. I used to play D&D P&P briefly and even remember buying one of the first edition boxed sets but someone will have to give me a good reason to want to play it online.
- City of Heroes / Villians: I've never been a big superhero fan, so the other settings are more interesting to me.
You all have me excited about playing again and it'll be interesting to see how they stack up with my limited play time. Thanks again for all the advice!