Saturday, August 31, 2024

August Check In

 

Plague Tale Innocence (obviously don't undertand photo mode)

Happy last day of Blaugust for all who are participating!  I knew I wasn't going to post much this year so didn't want to join.  I stopped World of Warcraft as I expected at the beginning of the month and then had two weeks of vacation where I was travelling most of the time so I knew I wouldn't have much time to game.

I did complete the very short 'Visions of Azeroth' lead in to The War Within in World of Warcraft before my subscription ended.  I had already decided I wouldn't do any more of the Pandaria Remix because I felt like I had done it before and enjoyed it more with the farm.  I did use a free day that was given towards the end of August to try out the Radiant Echoes event on two of my characters which netted my warrior two levels and two large bags and two large gathering bags.  One can never have enough bag space.  The War Within can wait until there is more content and it has a discount.  I decided several expansions ago that I'd rather wait and see the content later.

I tried a few games briefly, but nothing really caught on.  I played a little of Dragon's Age Origin again after hearing that the new game is coming soon but I'm not sure I'll go back to it unless it comes to the PS5 or Switch.

I have had 'A Plague Tales Innocence' on my wish list for years and received Requim as a free game on PS Plus so I tried the Innocence demo and decided to buy the PS5 version for pretty cheap.  I'd guess I'm about 30% through so there is a pretty good chance I'll finish it.

I classify Innocence as mostly a puzzle game.  There has been some combat with a sling, but it is used more as a distraction and hiding is the primary method to keep from being killed.  The story is very intriguing and both of the main characters are quite interesting and the use of the Middle Ages in a more grim style is refreshing.  I'm looking forward to playing more.

I've been having fun watching my daughter play Dredge with the new DLC and Dave the Diver and I played both briefly but I don't think I'll be playing more of either.  I do look forward to playing The War Within when it goes on sale, I'm guessing it'll be over Christmas break.  I'm hoping Lego Horizon will appeal more to me and my daughter since Hobbit didn't catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment