Wednesday, December 2, 2020

My Shadowlands Break

 

My first Horde Garrison

I am now officially in my early expansion break for World of Warcraft Shadowlands.  I have been enjoying my time and I do feel some disappointment, but I have been there for the initial expansion rush and I know it isn't for me.   It'll be interesting to see how I handle my break this time.  I certainly don't want it to last three years like the one I took after I stopped playing Legion.  I'm not sure if I'll wait for a sale or just wait for one or two major patches that will add more content.

I feel like I'm in a good spot when I come back.  I have four level 50 Alliance characters and one level 50 Horde character.  I've had another Horde character in the 40s (a Demon Hunter that I created before the squish) and an Alliance character also in the 40s (a Druid).  This will give me plenty of options to see the four Covenants when I decide to buy Shadowlands.  I was also just able to level my Vulpera Rogue to 40 in Warlords of Draenor.

Sneaking around Iron Siege Works with Gallywix

I spent most of the last few days leveling from 31 to 40 in Warlords of Draenor.  The introduction took me from level 31 to 33.  At that point you get to build the garrison and I started the different tasks there.  I generally enjoy the fact that things get done while you aren't actively having to do them.  I have also done the fishing dailies every day.  I just have the Barracks (given by default), crafting huts (barn and tannery for my leatherworking), and a bank since I didn't want to have to travel back for it.  I also created a Zandalari Troll Warrior so I could send the output from the mine to him.

I don't remember the early alliance quests well and there were a couple that I remember but most of them are new and I think they are generally better on the Horde side.  I like the Frostwolf questline and I'm glad I finally got to see it.  It was also fun sneaking around the Iron Siege Works as a rogue.  I didn't get any of the extra tasks done but I also got to avoid a lot of combat and Gallywix is a pretty entertaining companion.

I have some thoughts about the different experiences I've had from Horde and Alliance that I wait to share with another post.  I should have more time to write since I won't be playing World of Warcraft.  It'll be interesting to see how much I miss it and if I decide to fill the time with anything similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment