Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Horde End Game and New Goals

Kantoor at max level with goofy troll mask
I made it to level 120 in World of Warcraft (WoW) just after my last post and now I'm trying to figure out my next goals.  I couldn't figure out why Kantoor couldn't visit the Chamber of Heart so I looked it up.  It turns out that if you boost a character, you have to go through the first part of the Nazjatar questline before you can enter the Chamber of Heart.  I hadn't seen it from the Horde side, so it was actually fun even if I don't plan on spending much time there.  The questline also gave me a significant weapon upgrade, something I was looking for.  It was nice to see the characters from the Nightborne questline in Nazjatar.  Since I helped them with Kanter, I felt like they should have been in the Alliance zone there, but better to see now and it does make sense if they are a Horde race.  Once I am exalted with the Voldun, I'll do both the Nightborne and Vulpera introductory questlines and the better equipment I'm getting now should help.  I was concerned that Kantoor's iLvl was under 300 while Kanter's is over 430, but just by doing some World Quests and the Nazjatar introductory quests, it is now over 350.



I know I want to get to exalted with Voldun to be able to create the fox characters but that is dependent on world quests and will take a while with the buff.  I said I wasn't in a rush, sometime this month is fine, but I don't really have many other goals I'm working towards.  Until I get that reputation, it would be nice to have some other goals.

Legion champions at iLvl 925
For some reason I'm compelled to complete the Argus Legion Class Hall quests.  I think part of it is that it only takes a minute to start it and it runs on its own, like the Everquest 2 quests of which Bhagpuss is so fond.  It is a little more complicated in that first you needed six specific missions to get all your champions to 925 iLvl and then you need six new missions to get them each to 950 and there is no guarantee when they will appear.  I've certainly never had two at one time and they take about a day so it is at best close to a week to get the six missions completed.  Once I have them at 950 I'll only have one more mission and they will all be done.  The only thing I know I'll get out of it is a quest for the Antorus raid.

Speaking of raids, I will eventually get to the Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus raids in Legion since I can probably solo them.  I like to wait until the class hall quests are done.  Also on the alliance side I could level my new Dark Iron Warlock, but I think I'll wait until the next expansion, Shadowlands, if I do it at all.  I'd also like to level my Alchemy, but that either requires farming herbs or buying them from the auction house, neither of which is appealing to me.   I wish I could just send them from Kantoor to Kanter but you can only mail bind on account items between the factions.

On the Horde side I am doing the World Emissary quests.  I've also done some other World quests since the buff (+50% reputation) is on for this week.  I should probably also finish the Zandalar and Kiron Tor quests  but we'll see if I actually do it.  I haven't seen them before, so they'll all be new to me, but I also won't be getting any upgrades for them so that makes it less appealing.

I still have some older quests, even some from Burning Crusade, in my quest log for Kanter.  It would nice to get them done but they really won't help in any way which is why I have left them for so long.  They will probably be more difficult once Shadowlands comes since I'll move from level 120 to level 50 as part of the level crunch.

As I write this, I see I have a lot I'd like to get done, just nothing other than the Voldun reputation that is really motivating me and I don't want to grind World quests, I'd rather just do a few at a time.  It'll be interesting to see where my focus goes over the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment